Seeking for the Deeper Meaning and Purpose of Life

Have you ever felt that your life is just going around in circles and you simply do the same routine every single day without getting much fulfillment.

Then, at the end of every day, you go into your room and wonder where your life is headed, only to fall back into the same cycle over again?

Or perhaps, you may have acquired all the riches and fame that the world has to offer.

You have achieved every dream that you set your eyes upon and yet the same thought pounds your head every night asking, "What now? What have I gained in life? What does my life really mean and where do these lead me to?"

There was a time when I asked myself these questions and I had this persistent, pervading restlessness that no sleep could take away. There was a time when I simply wandered through the day, dumbly passing through the faces, not knowing where I was headed.

My life then felt dull and boring and, to be frank, it felt lifeless. There was no excitement nor any fulfillment that I got from commandeering my life.

The more that I made my own decisions and rebelled against the truth and did what I felt was right for me, the more that my life felt miserable and full of angst - metaphysical angst which was a feeling of discontent, anxiety, helplessness - but basically, I felt lost.

I know a lot of people, especially teenagers, are experiencing this feeling of angst at this moment and every single day of their lives and the more that they wallow and feed this longing that they have inside with the wrong things, the more that their life may crash and burn.

I tell you: nothing this world offers can satisfy the deep longing of our souls to fill the emptiness of our lives. Many people try different things but they are all for naught.

Even King Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived on earth, found this out the hard way when he wrote the book of Ecclesiastes and in it he said, "Meaningless! Meaningless! Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless." (Ecclesiastes 1:2)

He had everything in his grasp - wisdom, power, wealth, women - and he got whatever his appetite and fleshly passions desired but ultimately he never found what his soul had been searching for. But I have good news: you can find what your soul searches for.

Believe me when I say that money, fame, women or men, and every possible material possession that you can think of and ever desire cannot, and I repeat, CANNOT satisfy this deep longing that we have. I found the answers to my questions only in JESUS CHRIST.

The best gift that we can ever receive in life is the gift of salvation by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ but Jesus promised not only salvation to those who would accept Him as Lord and Savior but also a full and meaningful life.

Only Jesus can give the things that the world can never give: peace that surpasses all understanding; overflowing joy that is so irrepressible that you would want to give it to other people.

And of course, His amazing love that cannot be separated from us and that would never hurt us or abandon us because He promised that He will never leave us nor forsake us and that we will remain in His love.

So if you are seeking for the deeper meaning and purpose of your life, then you must first seek our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, and He will satisfy the needs of your heart and show you great and unsearchable things when you call Him and seek Him.

I tell you, your soul will no longer hunger or thirst for the wrong things because it is Jesus who will satisfy your soul. His Spirit will dwell in you and will transform your life when you accept Him into your heart.

I pray that you will desire and seek God in your life that His presence may dwell in you and fill that emptiness inside. I have actually found this article by Marc Estes titled "Why Should You Seek God?" that can really give you good insight on seeking God. God bless and have a wonderful life!

Comments

Featured