When I Wake Up


I want to wake up and not worry
About how much time I have left
To study for my exam
Or about my paper due at 11:59 pm

I want to wake up and not worry
About what to do with my life
And just start living it
Enjoying every moment under the sun

I want to wake up and not worry
About where God will take me tomorrow
Whether to the heights or to the depths
If that's where I'm meant to be
If that's where my purpose lies
I'll take that bold leap

But at times I wake up and feel down
Bogged by the worries and fears of not knowing,
Of forgetting where I was or where I want to go,
Of the uncertainties of who I am or who I want to be

Then I close my eyes to think for a while
And remind myself about what's important
To draw strength and guidance from God above
Bringing back my focus to the source of all things
Extending gratitude and praise to Him
Who wakes me up in the first place

Yes, I want to wake up and feel alive
To take a step back, breathe in, and thrive
I got so much to do, there's still time
To make a difference in other people's lives
Nothing is going to hold me down
For I have One who lifts me up when I drown

Therefore when I wake up, I'm determined to rise
Above every challenge to take hold of my prize
It won't be easy, that's a fact of life
Every setback and failure, I'll take them in stride
For I learned that growth springs
Not from serendipity but in strife

So wake up, don't worry, you're still here
You've got nothing to lose, nothing to fear
Fight the good fight, run the race, keep the faith
For in the end, only one thing matters

Comments

Featured