5 Skincare Products to Solve Your Acne Problems

facial acne problems
Image by Kjerstin Michaela Noomi Sakura Gihle Martinsen Haraldsen from Pixabay

I have had acne problems since I was 12 years old, and my mother tried almost everything available to us to resolve the issue. However, it wasn't until about two years ago when I finally had my acne problems dealt with properly. I had no expensive procedure done on my face. I merely used the right skincare products to target acne and maintain a healthy skin. So, I am going to share to you five skincare products that helped me solve my acne problems.

1. Oil cleanser

Oil cleansers are emollients. That means they lubricate your skin so that whatever gets stuck on it can more easily slide off. A good oil cleanser helps get rid of dust, excess oil, and other dirt particles that get stuck to your skin. This should be the first step in your skincare routine. Wash your face with water and rub a few drops of the oil cleanser on your face. After a few minutes, rinse it out. I have used a few oil cleansers that work really well for my skin.


The one I recommend most is Beauty of Joseon's Ginseng Cleansing Oil. It has all the right ingredients like soybean oil, tocopherol, and sunflower seed oil. Another good oil cleanser that I would suggest is Kose Softymo's Speedy Cleansing Oil. Just like Beauty of Joseon's formulation, it has ingredients like tocopherol and sunflower seed oil, but it also has glycerin which is a moisturizer that helps protect our skin from irritation and restore the barrier that prevents particles from getting stuck into our pores.



One other oil cleanser that I have used before was Bifesta's Deep Cleansing Oil. It also has some good ingredients, but it's difficult to purchase online. At the very least, Amazon doesn't have it in their stock, so you need to buy it from Japanese online stores. There's also a chance that your local cosmetics shop might have it, however, it's not a popular brand so the chances that they will have it in stock are pretty low.

2. Foam cleanser

The next thing I use after washing with an oil cleanser is the foam cleanser. After the oil cleanser has lubricated your face, it's time to wash off all the excess dirt with some soap. But don't use a bar soap or anything that would cause irritation to your skin. That's why a gentle foaming cleanser is the best product to use for cleaning your face.

The foam cleanser that I have been using for the longest time has been Cetaphil's Gentle Foam Cleanser. Generally, it has good ingredients like betaine, glycerin, and panthenol. But be careful with some formulations that include isopropyl alcohol in them. It's an irritant which might sensitize your skin and make it prone to acne.



I have been looking into some other foam cleansers, and I found that CeraVe's Renewing SA Cleanser has all the right ingredients, although it's a bit more expensive than Cetaphil. But what's a few more dollars if you can ensure that your skin gets the best treatment. What I liked about CeraVe's product is that it includes four of the best ingredients when it comes to keeping our skin healthy and vibrant. Those are glycerin, niacinamide, salicylic acid, and hyaluronic acid.



If you're in a tight budget and you can't find Cetaphil products at your local pharmacy or cosmetic shop, then I would suggest trying out COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser, which has all the right ingredients as well at a more affordable price.



3. Niacinamide

I mentioned this ingredient a while ago as being one of the best skin care ingredients out there. And there are products that contain a higher percentage of niacinamide in them. Generally, any niacinamide boosters or treatments are good, however, the brands I trust most are The Inkey List, Paula's Choice, and The Ordinary. COSRX and Beauty of Joseon also have good serums of niacinamide.

4. Hyaluronic Acid

Just as niacinamide has a serum of its own, hyaluronic acid also has one. Originally, I tried a brand called Torriden which was good. It made my skin plump and taut. Similar with niacinamide, I would suggest the same brands: The Inkey List, Paula's Choice, and The Ordinary.

5. Retinol

One other ingredient that I found to be very effective in solving acne problems was retinol or retinoic acid. Tretinoin is the common name for this, but the problem with it is that there is a possibility of your skin drying up and becoming irritated. So, there are milder forms such as hydroxypinacolone retinoate found in The Inkey List's Retinol.



As with the other previous boosters or serums, Paula's Choice and The Ordinary also offer their formulation of retinol. For all these three other products, the only point of comparison you might find is their price and some additional ingredients that they include along with the main ingredient. You would often see The Ordinary's products mixing several ingredients together such as niacinamide and zinc, or hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5, which is no big deal. It's your choice which one you prefer.

However, the main thing is they are all generally good for the skin. Barring the chance that you're allergic to certain ingredients, which you would have to consult a dermatologist to find out.

I found that after using these skincare products for a month, most of my acne problems have been solved. My skin cleared up and I rarely got any breakouts, pimples, or blackheads and whiteheads. Sometimes, I get one or two here and there, mostly due to stress. But generally, my acne situation has been controlled by using these skincare products. So, go out and try them for yourself to see the wonders that they can do for your skin.

Comments

Featured