The Great Exchange


I give you all I am
For You gave me all of You

You showered me with endless grace
And now I give You endless praise

You bore my sin and shame
Took my guilt, took the blame

And I received Your perfect righteousness
Your great love overflows my heart

You humbled Yourself, broken for me
Died the death that I deserved

That I may be made whole
And live my life to the full

You sacrificed Yourself to pay my debt
To reconcile me to Yourself, I am eternally blessed

You bowed Your head and took the crown of thorns
That You may bestow on me the crown of life and righteousness

There is no greater love than this, no greater honor
Than to be called Your friend

Let every breath and strength that I have
All my inmost being, praise the Lord God Almighty

I can but give my whole life to You
For everything that I have, You have graciously given

I bow my heart before You, O Lord
I offer my life to You, I surrender my all to You

No words would be enough to express the great joy in my heart
No act could outdo Your kindness, no amount greater than Your gift

So God renew me each day, create in me a pure heart
Grant me a willing spirit that I may live for You every moment

I long to dwell in Your presence, in Your courts giving You praise
Preserve me, restore me, and make me holy, and draw me near

Help me to persevere, change me to be more like You
Break me and bind me up, I want to be more like You

My heart swells with gratitude, awe, and humility before You
And may all my days be filled with thanksgiving for You

Great is Your love, and my heart yearns for You
I praise You Lord God, and I thank You for each new day

Amen.

Comments

Featured