My Top 5 Wishlist of Holiday Getaways in the Philippines

Every year, our family tries something different to spice up our Christmas so last year we went to Luneta, and to Tagaytay the other year, and to the Ayala Triangle three years ago.

Now, I just had a crazy yet exquisite and perhaps, a little extravagant, idea. If ever I were given an all-expenses paid trip to spend the holiday season at any place in the Philippines, here are the top five destinations that I dream of experiencing Christmas in and why.

Hopefully, in the next few years, I would be able to convince my parents that we spend some time in these places post-Christmas.

#1: Davao

From Davao City by Battad
The reason why Davao tops my list is because of its cultural diversity and richness of heritage. But more than that, my mother has been to Davao and she has told me a lot about it.

Some of which are economic prosperity, the traditional Filipino hospitality, disciplined citizens who abide by the law, and magnificent views and sights in nature that would take my breath away.

Of course, I have only seen these in photos but I would definitely love to get the vibe of being in Davao and what better time than the holidays.

#2: Cebu

By Diana at Complicated Melody
Nothing would delight me more than to go back to Cebu but this time around, I would want to see Cebu in festive grandeur and to taste their delicious, heart-fattening lechon, fresh from the oven.

I really would like to see how the Cebuanos prepare and cook their lechon because that is their trademark and their cultural stamp.

They are famous for cooking the best lechon in the Philippines and possibly the world over so this definitely deserves a mention on my list.

#3: Vigan

By Lawin the Mountainer
To me, Vigan City is a symbol of history and splendor due to the retro style of architecture, roadways, and even transportation.

You can see cobblestone paths, horse-drawn carriages, and really the simple, old-fashioned way of living which all convey a sense of tranquility and modesty to the place.

In my mind, these are the qualities missing in most urban areas where there is excessive noise and disruptions. At times, I would just love to spend a nice, peaceful evening of a humble feast with my family and I think Vigan can give me that.

#4: Baguio

By Paul Baquirin from City of Pines
Baguio City was dubbed as the "Summer Capital of the Philippines" and quite recently, I have heard some talk of it being dubbed as the "Winter Capital of the Philippines" as well.

I guess the dream of most Filipinos is to at least see snow falling from the sky during Christmas but alas, that cannot be at the moment so we will have to go for second best which is to soak up the cool, frigid air of the mountains in Baguio.

However, do not get me wrong, Baguio is one of the best places to stay for any occasion because it will cater to your needs from tourism to culture to accommodation.

In addition, Baguio offers a wide variety of souvenirs to bring back from your vacation there so it also deserves the right to be on this list.

#5: Boracay

By Emily on Home Behind the World Ahead
Alright, I know the beach is not the best place to be spending your Christmas but in Boracay, they host the liveliest, loveliest, most wonderful beach parties that you will ever see.

You can just party the night away in the golden sand with a cool, evening breeze and a nice scenery of the ocean and other islands close by. Watch as the stars fill up the sky while you listen to the soft rolling of the waves.

Keep in mind though that it doesn't matter where you spend Christmas at as long as you spend it together with the people you love. Merry Christmas!

Comments

Featured