I'm Not the One


Yes, I am trying but can't you understand?
I'm not the one who you think I am.
I just wish that you could see that
And that you could accept that.

But you are the one, I know it.
You just don't want to believe it.
You would rather be safe and comfortable.
That's why I'm pushing you
Because I believe in you.

I don't think I have the will to go on.
Why do you put your hope on me?
I can't do great things, I'm just ordinary!
There are better things to do with your time.
There are much better people than me.

Stop wallowing in self-pity.
What makes you think this is just about you?
That all the sacrifices everyone made,
That they were doing it just for you?
We all have lost something in this,
We all have something to fight for.
Now, pull yourself together!

I want to be alone.

But you are not alone.
That's why we're here.
We came because we knew
That you couldn't do this on your own.
We care about you and our cause.
This is our chance to set things right.
You better get some rest, you need it.
We all do.

Comments

Featured