Stop and Restart


I liked adventure and so did you.
We wanted to see the world
But we saw it from different lenses.

We read the same books,
We listened to the same music,
But we always had something
To disagree about.

I never knew how different we were
Until we got to know each other
A little better than when we met.

When I first saw you, I thought
That I would be happy with you
Until I breathed my last.

I always believed that
Everyone was meant for someone
That two people who perfectly fit
Would never have any problem.

I thought I had found the one
But maybe I had rushed it
I had mistaken a simple friendship
For a romance -- the spark's gone.

I don't want to fool myself anymore
I'd rather we go our separate ways
Maybe we can meet the one someday.
And maybe we can meet again.

Comments

Featured