A Busy Day at Work

Today was a wonderful day even though my body feels so exhausted and all my energy has been spent.

I joined my first serious chess tournament today and I learned two new things today. One, the Light Rail Transit (LRT) is better now than the Metro Rail Transit (MRT).

Also, now I understand what it feels like to work for eight straight hours in a day and to sit in front of your desk or computer for the whole time.

At the end of the day, you would simply want to unwind and repose on a nice, soft, warm, comfy reclining chair or bed and sleep the whole night away.

I felt how the mind gets overworked at times since in chess you have to be focused on your game and analyze every possible candidate move in the position to get an advantage or to maintain the equality of the position.

I got a serious headache after that but it was fun nonetheless since I finally got to experience battling against really strong players and to blow my wits out or someone else's wits out.

It feels quite ecstatic when you outplay your opponent because it means your ideas over the board are superb in timing and execution while it is quite devastating to suffer an indubitable loss because of a blunder or miscalculation.

Of course, I would like to win every time but I am still quite inexperienced. Nevertheless, I was happy to have that experience.

Now to imagine that some people play chess as a profession or livelihood, it would definitely take a lot of physical endurance, mental tenacity, and hours upon hours of opening study, middlegame planning, endgame technique training, tactical vision, and overall strategic gameplay.

It is one thing to work in an office and it is another to work eight hours a day in training. It is also tough to make a fortune out of playing chess just as with many types of work but the value is in the satisfaction of doing what you love to do.

Even if you had a busy day at work or training for a competition or studying amounts of data and information, all your efforts are already paid off merely because you do what you are passionate for.

If we do what we were meant to do and do it with excellence and for the glory of God, then we have already found the purpose and meaning of our lives.

Comments

Featured