A Miracle-Working God

Would you believe that God still works miracles even to this very day? Yes, He does! Just as Jesus, when He came to the world, made blind eyes to see and the lame to walk, healed all kinds of diseases and cast out evil spirits and set people free.

He still does it because He is alive and He is moving in the lives of His people, showing His power to be true and His love to be enduring.

Countless miracles happen still to this very day as with the testimony of Pastor James Baker's wife, Genie Baker. They visited Jerusalem and came to the pool of Bethesda.

This was where Jesus healed the invalid man who had been waiting there for 38 years in one of the benches to take his turn to wash in the pool and get healed.

When Jesus told him to pick up his mat and walk, he was completely healed.

In the same way, while sister Genie was sitting on one of those benches, she felt a burning sensation in her lower back which had been causing her pain for most part of their trip.

She asked Jesus to heal her just as He did that man in that same place 2,000 years ago and she felt the pain go away immediately. Later on, doctors diagnosed that there was supposedly a tumor in that portion of her back where she felt the pain but it went away, thanks be to God!

There is also my professor's testimony about when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. There was a time when she just knelt before God, humbled herself before Him, and prayed earnestly.

She asked Him what to do then and after that, when she turned the television on, the 700 Club was featuring a woman who had colon cancer and continued to praise God despite her problems and to pray to Him that He would work in her life according to His will and for His glory.

At the time the doctor examined the woman and opened up her stomach, he looked at the cancer cells, and immediately closed her stomach. The woman was healed and needed no other operation because God had worked a miracle in her life.

In that same way, my professor just underwent surgery and got the lump on her breast taken out without a hitch. She's been a cancer survivor for 20 years.

Just moments ago, as I was praying to God and I lifted up to Him this pain in my throat as I swallow and went on to pray for other things, I noticed at one point that the pain had gone and the passage was cleared.

At that moment, I knew God answered my prayers according to His will and He healed just as He healed many other people. It was a miracle! I know God has the power to heal us and He does heal us but the immediacy of which He answered was so amazing.

I just broke down into tears and thanked Him for His faithfulness, mercy, compassion, and grace. Truly, our God knows what we need and when we go to Him and humbles ourselves before Him, He will show us the way.

It may not be what we expect Him to do but I assure you, it will be even better! We just need to wait on Him and trust in Him at all times not wavering in our faith that when God promises something to us and gives His Word to us, He will fulfill in the right time.

God cares for us and loves us unconditionally and deeply that He would satisfy the needs of our heart and restore our soul. Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, still works miracles today and as He said in John 14:12-14:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 

And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask for anything in My name, and I will do it."

What a reassurance and promise we have in Jesus and what grace and provision the Father has given to us through His Son.

God truly does work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28) and we know that God hears us when we go to Him in prayer according to His will and because He hears us, we know we have the petitions we asked of Him.

Let us ask God to continually increase our faith as we humble ourselves before Him so that He may be glorified through the works that He has planned for us.

I pray that God may continue to reveal Himself that we may know Him in a deep and personal way. Let us trust Him in all things and trust in His faithfulness.

As I have experienced and known it, the best miracle that we can witness is the miracle of Jesus changing us and transforming us to be more like Him just as He modeled the best kind of life and relationship with God the Father.

Accepting Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior is the best decision we could ever make in our lives and if you want to make that personal decision, you can pray to God with your own words, admitting to Him that you are a sinner and that you cannot save yourself.

But that it is only through God's provision, Jesus Christ, that we can be saved and that you need Him and open your heart's door to Him and ask Him to enter your life and change you to be the person He wants you to be. You may pray like this:

"Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. 

Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be. Amen."

God wants to have a personal relationship with us, He wants us to be victorious in every battle that we face in life and He wants to be the one who will fight our battles and take care of our problems for us so that we would not have to be burdened by them.

Life may be difficult and our problems may be great and daunting but we have Jesus, the Son of God who is greater than any problem, than anything in this world. Our God is the True Living God and He is greater than all (John 10:29).

I pray and invite you if you have not made that decision to live for Christ and to receive Him as your personal Lord (Master) and Savior, you may do so because I assure you it is going to have the best journey of your life. God Bless!

Comments

Featured